When I’ve scoffed more than my fair share of pasta or guzzled too much vino, I like getting back in to clean eating, straight living, gym attending mode. At least for a little while.
Fast, tasty, protein rich salads like this are a great meal choice when I’m being good, and the way I see it the more of these little salads I squeeze in, the less naughty I feel when I do treat myself. Pass the sourdough and salty butter I say.
Lunch for two
- 200g black quinoa, cooked as per the pack instructions and cooled
- 1 can drained cannellini beans
- 200g king prawns
- A small handful coriander
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 avocado, finely diced
- Juice of 2 juicy limes
- Half as much volume of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of sugar
- Make the dressing by mixing the lime juice, olive oil, salt, sugar, garlic and stirring well.
- Combine all the salad ingredients in a bowl and mix together, then pour over the dressing, stirring it through until all the ingredients are coated.